1) Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique.
- Straight forward and I like to challenge people
- keep calm in chaos
- like to figure out loopholes in rules
- gained a good understanding of psychology through personal research
- bounce back very quick after making a mistake and am able to look at the bright side or the lesson I learned from it
2) Interview the five people who know you the best.
a) Dad
b) Danielle Lara
c) Makayla Ho
d) Valentina Blanco
e) Julian Berrio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5h33YAZg2E
3) Reflect on the differences.
I think that the attributes my friends and father described are pretty accurate in terms of how I hope to be perceived and what I try to do. I think this was helpful in reflecting on how I have grown since high school and the different ways I try to be helpful towards my friends and family. I think it is a good sign that many of the things I put on my list are things that were described by my friends and family. I think something that was funny that my dad identified is that what makes me rage is unfairness. Recently, I have come face with a lot of issues with people who run organizations I am in by a lack of fairness. This reminded me of the driving force that allowed me to make so many changes at my school while I was Student Body President. I was so upset that popularity determined someone's position within our organization. This is something I am now learning to deal with in different capacities and continues one of the most important things to me as a enter the business world: fairness and truth.
Alexis,
ReplyDeleteAfter listening to your interviews I really loved hearing all the responses you received. I liked how your dad mentioned how you faced struggles in high school, but you handled them so well and gained a lot of patience and leadership from your past experiences. The way a person handles and overcomes obstacles says a lot about a person, and it sounds like you have been very successful at this. It appears that you have a great support system and I am so happy to hear that!
Alexis,
ReplyDeleteHearing what all your interviewees had to say about you really shows you have a great support system. I loved how your dad mentioned you have always been a leader. I think this is something very important and unique because not everyone has the courage and ability to lead people. I also liked how he mentioned that you know what you to do or not to do which is something that will help you out in the long run!
Hey Alexis,
ReplyDeleteIt is so sweet how your family and friends described you. I liked how you described an issue that bothered you, but didn’t let it stop you and instead found a solution to it. It is great that you made changes while you were president because a lack of fairness will continue to be an issue unless somebody changes it, which you did. It is smart that you learned from that and found what values are important to you in the business world. Always keep fairness and truth close to you and you will flourish in the business world. Keep it up!
Hi Alexis, listening to your interviews and the way you are perceived by those around you really shows how great of a person you are. It’s awesome that not only are you driven but that you also use that drive to improve your community and push others to get through adversity. Additionally your ability to bounce back quickly and adapt will serve you well if you become an entrepreneur.
ReplyDelete