Tuesday, October 22, 2019

18A

Creating my customer avatar is somewhat challenging given that my company provides services to businesses and not individual consumers. I do believe however that my business caters to a specific kind of business more than others.

Finding businesses who match my target consumer may be more challenging than it appears because finding value in my service has a lot to do with their values. The businesses I do service for would need to put an emphasis on caring for the environment. I do not believe that many of the luxury apartments around Gainesville would care for this given that many seem to do whatever they can to cut costs. However, if I really can provide fast and cheap products for these types of businesses we may be able to form a partnership. I believe that the university would find a lot of value in my idea but given the strict, time consuming process for becoming a vendor of the school, I am unsure if they would find it very helpful since they have need for so many products constantly. It makes sense for them to continue with what they are currently doing. However, if I partnered with a larger consignment store I may have more leverage when approaching institutions.

As for now, I plan to target the less luxurious apartments around UF. I believe Looking Glass may fit the mold since they are not as concerned about aesthetics as other places like Standard and Hub.

I relate to these businesses in that I do care about being resourceful and reducing waste as much as I can. It makes sense that this would be a business idea of mine since my personal values align with those of the company.Image result for looking glass apartments gainesvilleImage result for bad apartments gainesville

1 comment:

  1. Alexis,

    I think it is great that you realized your target audience may be more challenging than you initially expected. It is important to be open-minded, and open to change as an entrepreneur. I agree with you in that Looking Glass would be a much better fit for your company rather than places like Standard or the places that are much more expensive and luxurious.

    ReplyDelete