Wednesday, September 25, 2019

9A









Interview 1: Ali, Library Desk Assistant

She stated that the biggest limitation of the partnership with Repurpose Project is paper. Paper is the largest reorder since other products are usually purchased for long-term use and paper needs to be new for their purposes. Therefore, the partnership may not have as many benefits as it does at first glance.




Interview 2: Kandyce, Desk worker at the map collection in Smathers Library

She said that her biggest concern is the transportation and the facilitation of the products since the Repurpose Project does not have a website where you can order things like they can with current vendors




Interview 3: Natalie, Study Abroad Office of Heavener Hall

She doesn't know if it would work for their office since most of their items they give put to people and they need them to be cohesive and to look professional. She believe it could be an issue because you couldn't guarantee quality.




Interview 4: Ricardo, Business School Advising Student Assistant

His biggest concern is that with established partnerships they have access to technical support. He believes that it would be the best option to go with an established vendor for bigger ticket items. There is already an established partnership with these vendors as well and the university purchasing things is a long process.




Interview 5: Kevin, Luxury Apartment Leasing Office Assistant (I thought this would be a different perspective that would lead to discovering more holes in my proposed idea)

He believes that since their customer demographic is people who like "shiny" things given that they are a luxury apartment, that this may not be aligned with their goals. He also says that lots of their items are branded to the inability to do that would be a big con. He said that it also makes sense that for bigger ticket items that they go with something new because they believe the longevity is valuable. Another concern he has is the pricing and transportation of these products to their facility.

Who is in: Potentially individuals who are using the tools themselves and/or are in an environment where aesthetics are not as important

Who is not: Professional and Luxury businesses front offices
What the need is: More “green” practices for administrative workWhat the Need is not: may see this as an issue since aesthetics is one of their most important features.
Why that need exists: It is not precisely a need but potentially a preference especially if it is just as effective and saves moneyAlternative explanations: There is issues with transportation of the goods because they may not be able to buy in as much bulk as they can with current partnerships.
Overall, I think that this process could work but not with the two entities I initially talked to: the UF libraries and luxury apartment leasing offices. I believe that my best option is to talk with other local businesses or an apartment complex that has less of a focus on their brand image being fresh and new.

2 comments:

  1. Good evening Alexis, I hope all is well and that you enjoyed your week.

    I really enjoyed reading about your interviews and the feedback that you recorded from each of them. Your chart was a perfect example to summarize everything up that you had came up with. I really liked how you organized and I think your hypothesis was very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alexis, thanks for sharing this! I think you had a great selection of interviewees that gave you a holistic view of the market you’re targeting. I really like the feedback that your 4th interviewee, Ricardo gave you. It’s true, the University of Florida does have established vendors with lots of benefits so it would be a challenging market to infiltrate. I think that you made a great decision to focus on local businesses or apartment complexes that aren’t as focused on their image.

    ReplyDelete