1) More environmentally friendly single parent household furniture.
- This was discussed in my marketing class as less and less people are getting married.
- The text discussed how this impacts the amount of people who buy products and also their desired features.
- I think the environmentally friendly aspect could be a big hit given that people are becoming more aware of issues with fast fashion and I think this could be seen against IKEA and similar companies soon. I think single parents is a good marketing approach and interesting thing to target since this is a growing market.
- I am unsure how to target this market by making the products they need but I believe that it would be a big hit if done tastefully.
WHY? I definitely believe that being environmentally responsible is on people's minds. This has increased more as I have seen many of my peers go out of there way to do better for the planet as well as older people I am around.
2) More environmentally friendly clothing made though ethical practices.
- I have seen this as a growing concern with the recent fall of Forever 21.
- With the big fan base that Forever 21 has, I think that more people will become aware of how these companies are able to produce so much and be more conscious of their consumer decisions. Environmentally friendly seems to be a trend among the younger generations due to increased knowledge of the impact.
- I think the younger generations will be very in-tune with this since thrifting is already very popular.
WHY? I think the biggest issue with this idea is price. The huge differences between cheap and expensive clothing I think just shows how strange the industry is. Fashion is hard to stand out in for a variety of reasons and staying relevant too.
3) Helping the vast amount of young people come off of nicotine.
- Widespread across the news and been often talked about with peers
- We all have seen the widespread amount of advertisements that are trying to explain how juuls and other similar products are just as bad as cigarettes. Maybe some sort of therapy would help curve the addiction.
- I think targeting young people would be good since there has been such a dramatic increase in this population having this issue.
WHY? The biggest opposition I could see is wondering if there really is a product that could be thrown into the market quick while there is such a vast amount of addicted kids. Medicine takes an extensive amount of testing and legal work prior to actually making an impact.
4) Clean power being financially achievable for organizations and individual households
- Current regulation changes in the auto industry
- I think that most everyone wants to strive for more environmentally friendly products because ultimately it impacts everyone's health which will in the long term create irreversible problems
- I think that most organizations would prefer this because there tends to be higher upfront costs due to implementation yet long term savings.
WHY? Many organizations may not have this as a priority since we still do have access to old solutions.
Good evening Alexis, I hope all Is well.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading you blog on this assignment and was inspired by the creative ideas that you came up with in identifying opportunities in economic and regulatory trends in today’s world. It seems like you have in interest for helping the environment, and the ideas you came up with could really help benefit the environment.
Hello Alexis,
ReplyDeleteI loved reading your blog post on this assignment. You came up with opportunities that are involved in many peoples every day life and found unique creative ideas on how to solve them. I agree with every opportunity you talked about and I could relate to every one of them! I could tell you are very motivated to make the world a better place and how the environment is something you do value, I love that! Not alot of people are like that and the world needs more people like that! Keep it up.
Hi Alexis, I think you found some great economic and regulatory opportunities! I really liked how most of your opportunities incorporated environmentally friendly practices. I agree with you that consumers, particularly young consumers, are looking for environmentally friendly products and practices. Your last opportunity stood out to me in particular. People usually travel through the path of least resistance and right now, with easy access to old solutions, many people and organizations aren’t like the idea of clean energy but aren’t motivated to change.
ReplyDelete