Wednesday, August 21, 2019

My Entrepreneurship Story (3A)

I am taking this class because I am in the Innovation Academy, an entrepreneurship and creativity cohort and minor here at UF. This program allows us to take Fall off while Spring and Summer are left for classes. I am taking classes this Fall but because of this I spent last Fall interning at a startup. This startup was a local media presence that hosts events and provides informative content about the developing area in which they are based. I was one of six people who worked for the company. I was able to sit down with the owner and brainstorm activities for events and create posts for their social media platforms. Two of the bigger projects I did was start their food page that grew 1300+ followers in 3 months as well as hosted a pop-up event where we notified followers just 24 hours before that we were bringing a trendy Acai food truck to the area which ended up drawing 100+ people out. From this, I learned a lot about planning and proper communication and how just asking may lead you to unexpected places.  It was also very interesting to see how we would also just wing a lot of things which was fun because I had to would have to work in chaotic environments where I had to come up with solutions on the fly. In addition, I also recently started doing photography and have had a few paid shoots thus far.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alexis,

    I enjoyed reading your Entreprenurship story! To start off, congratulations on the projects you did since they turned out to be a big deal. It is very interesting how the you were in charge of the food page that grew rapidly in only 3 months. Living my whole life in Miami, I could see how bringing a trendy acai truck brought alot of customers to you since over there it is a huge thing. I remember I used to eat an Acai bowl probably three times a week. Reading about your story actually gets me very excited to start looking for an internship that will allow me to do the things you did and help me gain more knowledge as well as having fun throughout the process. I am glad I came upon reading your story! Goodluck on those future shoots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Alexis! It sounds like you’re in the perfect class for your career path! Your story with the startup company is very interesting. You seem like you already have an entrepreneurial mindset and are open to learning and experiencing new opportunities. I hope you obtain some knowledge from this class that will help you prepare for a life as an entrepreneur.

    ReplyDelete